Today’s guest is a global marketing, corporate venture, a strategy veteran, she is a multi-award-winning business development professional, and a brilliant marketer. Please welcome to the show Kelly Owen Grover, Vice President of Marketing at Cloverly. Kelly joins host Sajeel Qureshi to talk about how important it is to build the foundation of trust with your potential clients. Start with having a relationship with the client to build that trust. Tune in to Kelly’s fantastic advice about using the right language when talking to clients!
- It's not about data. It’s about growth.
- Kelly believes that the spirit of RevOps is to work smarter and not harder. Kelly stresses the importance of having every RevOp unpack and understand how the company makes money at all stages of its customer journey.
- Kelly thinks that most companies have a very generalized view of CAC especially when the company has a diverse customer-based, customer journey, and average order value. Have a new way of strategizing with your customers instead of staying with your old system as the market grows.
- Kelly advises that marketers don't use their marketing language. Use the customer's language. Using the customer's language, you can learn about their wants and needs.
- The depth of the data that you end up using to show a client, is going to get richer. Kelly mentions that there will always be an element of making sure the story, the take-home message, and the action comes out crystal clear.
- Kelly says that there are two best practices for making your story crystal clear for your client:
- Be honest about your story. Be disruptive and catch their attention. Set an urgency fact upfront with your clients.
- If there is a big client, connect with them before your next meeting. Pre-align on what the story is and what the action plan is. So, when you go into the meeting, you’ve got everything prepared.,
Quote of the Show:
- “People don't just want to see the numbers and the graphs. They want to hear the story.” - Kelly Owen Grover
- Kelly’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kelly-owen-grover-m-b-a-91657115/
- Cloverly’s Website: https://www.cloverly.com/
- Cloverly’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/getcloverly?lang=en
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/b00fc3f0-6831-499b-b670-ee5a81b750a3/revops-500-podcast
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/revops-500-podcast/id1664472466
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy9jNTc1MjJlOC9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2QxBhbhRbiG5XBOdRDjWum
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/1052213
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/qRoJcr_9lQY
- Anchor: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/revops-500/episodes/The-Top-and-Bottom-Line-Growth---Kelly-Owen-Grover---RevOps-500-Podcast---Episode--009-e23gg0t