Today’s guest is a multifaceted marketer with various backgrounds in computer science, AI, business administration, and software engineering. Please welcome to the show Scott Horn, Chief Marketing Officer at EnterpriseDB. Scott joins host Sajeel Qureshi to talk about how to integrate new technology into your company to improve RevOps. Tune in to Scott’s amazing advice about accepting and embracing technological changes!
- RevOps is not a template, every company needs to adapt to different circumstances.
- Marketing has a certain commonality that allows you to find patterns and apply certain tactics. It's important to remember that what works for one company may not work for another. Create a unique plan and be willing to adapt it as needed.
- Scott advises not to become too attached to one's own creations. If a campaign is not producing the desired results, analyze the data and be open to making changes or pivoting. Achieving improvement requires the collaboration of your team in marketing, sales, and technology.
- To distinguish between companies, it is essential to ask questions about factors such as SDRs, pipeline sources, conversion rates to sales, and revenue goals. This information can provide valuable insights, into whether a company is focusing on targeting new clients or developing existing ones.
- Two key examples of investing in the right technology that can greatly improve the efficiency of your company's operations are through implementing effective lead-scoring models and re-platforming your website to enhance the ease of blogging and overall functionality. By incorporating these solutions, your company can streamline its processes and better serve its customers, ultimately resulting in improved performance and growth.
- To ensure a successful re-platforming process, it is essential to explicitly define what falls within the scope of the project and what does not. Having a diverse team with a multitude of perspectives can be highly beneficial, as it allows for more comprehensive feedback from various departments within the company.
- Customers take charge of the sales process by conducting online research before speaking to a salesperson. Your company's website is the key to highlighting your solution or product, so it must be accessible, easy to understand, and regularly updated.
- Scott's career tip is to embrace a non-linear career path, fearlessly taking on opportunities and learning from them. Each experience adds a unique skill set that can surprisingly interconnect with others, culminating in one-of-a-kind expertise.
Quote of the Show:
- “Learn through everything, even if something doesn’t go the way you want.” - Scott Horn
Ways to Tune In: